Civil Mediation Service
When you find yourself involved in a claim or dispute, our Civil Mediation Service is here to help and can provide you with an effective and convenient means of resolving that claim or dispute.
Mediation is a widely recognised and judicially endorsed real alternative to the uncertainty and expense of litigation.
Our approach is to enable you resolve your problems in a reasonable, constructive and effective manner, without taking sides, without finding fault, without you incurring the very high level of legal costs that court cases involve and without the risk of an outcome that you might neither want nor expect.
Just some of the types of dispute that we can help with include:
- Contractual Disputes – Do you have issues with people such as your builder, your financial services provider or professional persons (e.g. Surveyors, Solicitors or Accountants)?
- Property and boundary claims and disputes involving rights of way or light.
- Community Issues, neighbour nuisance and anti-social behaviour. We understand that these types of problem really can take over peoples’ lives.
- Disputes arising from wills (or the lack of a will) Probate and Inheritance claims.
- Employment and workplace claims. Sometimes all that is needed to restore balance is to hear, listen and learn from what may have gone before.
For further details of what the process involves and how we can help, please feel free to contact our office.
Costs: In all cases we will charge a fee that will be explained and agreed at the outset. There will be no added extras. Where the dispute involves a sum of money our general fees are:
|Amount you are claiming||Fees per party||Length of session|
|£5,000 or less||£200||2 hours|
|£5,000 to £25,000||£300||3 hours|
|£25,000 – £50,000||£425||4 hours|
For disputes involving larger sums of money or in which more than 4 hours is likely to be needed, please call to discuss this with us.
In cases where more than the above time is involved, an hourly rate fee per party of £100.00 per party will be charged for each extra hour.